At Sunwolf and Fergie’s Cafe, we are committed to responsible tourism and sustainability across our operations. With our connection to nature and the local community, we understand the importance of balancing both our business needs with the social and environmental impacts of our operations. We have joined GreenStep Sustainable Tourism to indicate our commitment to sustainability and to receive guidance in our long-term goals.
Our Commitment to Environmental and Social Responsibility
Our staff, management team, and property owners are continually working to implement best-practice strategies to achieve these goals. In our commitment to environmental and social responsibility we aim to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental and employment regulations
- Reduce our waste stream through compost and reduce-reuse-recycling initiatives
- Minimize our energy consumption and overall carbon footprint by installing LED lights and Energy Star appliances and promoting energy saving techniques
- Protect our water sources through conservation techniques and the use of locally made and eco-friendly cleaning products
- Establish robust management systems to monitor energy, waste, and water consumption and work towards long-term sustainability goals
- Prioritize ethical, sustainable and locally-sourced products in all departments to support local businesses, environmentally-friendly production, and to reduce carbon emissions from transport
- Support the local economy, culture and environment by promoting local restaurants, heritage attractions, low-carbon activities, and wildlife viewing ethics among our guests
- Engage staff and guests in our sustainability initiatives to promote a team effort in accomplishing our goal
As a team, we will continually work to improve our environmental, social and economic performance to meet long-term goals for sustainability and to become a leader of Responsible Tourism in the Sea to Sky community.
Jake and Jess Freese